Growing up as a kid frozen pizza bagels were one of my favorite things to eat. I loved biting into the soft and warm bagel and feeling the cheese melt in my mouth. I saw them in the grocery store recently and decided to try and make a healthier version of pizza bagels. I used a fresh bagel, vegan mozzarella, fresh vegetables, basil, and marinara to create a mouth watering and nutrient dense breakfast. This recipe makes 1 pizza bagel.
- 1 plain bagel
- 1/4 cup marinara sauce
- 1/4 zucchini
- 4 cherry tomatoes
- 2-3 mushrooms
- small handful of spinach
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup vegan or regular mozzarella
- 1 tsp dried basil
- cut the vegetables
- warm olive oil in a pan then add in the vegetables and the basil, cook for 4-5 minutes
- toast a bagel until slightly golden but not crispy
- take the bagel out of the toast and top with marinara, cooked vegetables, and lastly cheese
- place bagel in an air fryer at 400F for 3-4 minutes until cheese is melted then enjoy!