Salads are perfect for summer! They are refreshing, nutrient dense, and full of flavor. They are perfect to take on the go to work, the beach, or to the pool. I always feel energized and ready to take on the day after eating a salad because I know I am fueling my body with nutritious foods that make me feel good and that excite my taste buds. This salad will create a fiesta in your mouth with all the delicous taco flavors in it. The beans add fiber and protein, the chips add a nice crunch, the avocado is creamy and contains healthy fats, and all the vegetables are filled with vitamins and minerals. This salad recipe is for 1 serving!
- 1 small head romaine lettuce
- 1/3 cup black beans
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/3 large cucumber
- 7-8 cherry tomatoes
- 1/5 red, orange, and green bell pepper
- handful of cauliflower tortilla chips (regular works as well)
- 3 tbsp cilantro avocado greek yogurt dressing ( I used the one from Bothhouse Farms)
- wash the lettuce then add it to the bowl for the base of the salad
- add in the beans and chips
- slice the avocado then add it to the salad
- wash the cucumbers, tomatoes, and bell peppers then cut into small pieces and add into the bowl
- serve with cilantro avocado dressing and enjoy!