Pesto eggs are the latest food trend across Instagram and Tik Tok. I tried the trend and it exceeded my expectations. The pesto adds so much flavor to the eggs! I love breakfast wraps and decided to try adding the pesto eggs into a wrap. The pesto eggs are cooked on top of a whole wheat tortilla and it can be cut into slices and eaten like a pizza or wrapped into burrito! This recipe is very simple and so delicious! It is full of healthy fats, protein, and vegetables to fill you up and get you ready for the day ahead! This recipe makes 1 serving.
- 1 whole wheat tortilla
- 3 tbsp pesto
- 2 eggs
- 5-6 cherry tomatoes
- 2-3 large cremini mushrooms
- small handful arugula
- 1/4 small zucchini
- 3 tbsp feta cheese
- 1 tsp olive oil
- cut the vegetables then sauté in olive oil
- add pesto to the wrap, then place arugula on top, and on top of the arugula add the sautéed vegetables
- crack 2 eggs on top of the veggies then top with feta cheese
- bake for 10-12 minutes until the egg whites are fully cooked through
- either cut into slices like a pizza or wrap into a burrito to enjoy!
Leave a Reply