This is both a healthy and delicious loaf of pumpkin bread: perfect for fall! It is great alone, topped with peanut butter, or thrown into a yogurt bowl. The chocolate chips add a great burst of flavor and the pecan toppings add a nice crunch.
- 1 and 2/3 cup of all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 5 tbsp water
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/3 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- pumkin spice and cinnamon
- baking soda
- 1/4 cup unsweetened chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup pecans for topping
- Mix 2 tbsp of chia seeds with the 5 tbsp of water. Leave them sitting for 20 minutes, until all the water is absorbed by the chia seeds.
- Then add in all the wet ingredients in, and mix until combined: chia mixture, maple syrup, honey, unsweetened applesauce.
- Then add the wet ingredients in with 1 and 2/3 cup of all purpose flour.
- Add the 1 tbsp of pumpkin spice, 1 tsp of cinnamon, and 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Finally fold in 1/4 cup of unsweetened chocolate chips.
- Add the mixture into a lined 9*5 pan and the pecans on top.
- Bake for 40 minutes and 350F.